Type of Job/Services Completed: Drone Wind Turbine Blade Inspection with Thermal Imaging
March 2019 – April 2019
About The Project
ABJ worked with E.ON to find internal issues on their wind farm in Pennsylvania. They had purchased this wind farm recently and wanted to know the conditions of the WTG’s.
We deployed our WindVue technology to find both internal and external problems with the WTG blades.
ABJ WindVue technology finds 99% of the problems that are on the internal or external surface of the WTG blades.
- The level of definition is 3-4mm
- Increases efficiencies by allowing maintenance crews to quickly identify and act upon critical issues faster
- Customized data processing including volumetric and meter by meter
We were looking for issues including:
- Bad bonding
- Impact of lightning strikes
- Scope of cracks (surface and subsurface)
- Damage of impacts
- End of warranty inspections
- Pre-commission inspections
- Pre-acquisition due diligence
E.ON was able to achieve its objective of determining the condition of its newly acquired wind farm. ABJ continues to work with the leadership of E.ON on various other locations and enhancing the capabilities of our WindVue technology.
Partner with ABJ Drones
We are innovators and leaders at the frontline of Drone Inspection for the Energy industry. We are always developing and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our inspection strategies and processes make us unique, and are not found anywhere else.
Want a more in-depth breakdown of how ABJ Drones can support your Wind Farm with a Fast, Cost-Efficient and Effective Drone Inspection? Contact us today for a free consultation.
Learn more about ABJ WindVue, our proprietary Drone Wind Turbine Inspection and Technology.