Drones are an effective way to inspect and manage Wind Turbines with improved speed, efficiency, safety and systems.
Value of Drone Wind Turbine Inspections
- Higher-resolution visual drone inspections than ground-based inspections
- Greatly reduce man hours and costs by automating inspections
- Safely assess the condition and orientation of all components of wind turbines
- Wind farm remains functional during inspection
- Increase efficiency due to data accuracy and reliability, live streaming and zoom/thermal/4k capabilities
- Drones enable collecting the needed data for identifying and mitigating risks in power distribution in advance
- 30 – 50% cost and timing saving when doing a drone wind turbine inspection
- Safety of personnel – no need for them to ascend to height
- Real-time images and video feed can be transmitted to ground control station
- Thermal and LIDAR can be used to aid in inspecting and monitoring wind turbine blades and the general structure
ABJ WindVue is a Proprietary Technology for Drone Wind Turbine Blade Inspections
Our experienced pilots are re-trained every 2 years in Germany so that their standards are maintained with drone wind turbine inspections. Using our process allows for a non-contact wind turbine blade inspection with the help of thermographic images. Visually, no errors can be detected in the wind turbine blade from the naked eye. But, a thermal imaging camera reveals the internal structure of an intact blade which shows crucial details about the blades during the inspection process.
ABJ Drones has effective thermal imaging and LiDAR techniques, and proprietary air frames to capture engineering-grade levels of accuracy for use in detailed point clouds and analytics for generations. Including, geo tagging to localize specific area of inspection (AOI) and a proprietary back end processing solution to enable companies with instant sourcing and identification.
ABJ’s Proprietary Technology
- Using thermal energy from wind friction to allow for high resolution thermography (patent protected)
- Visualizing layers of lamination and beam structure inside the wind turbine blade for in-depth inspection of blade structure
- Only available and proven technology for enhanced wind turbine blade inspection
- Completely patent protected by Rolawind GMB
ABJ’s Proprietary Drone
- The drone used for inspection has triple modular redundancy and diagnostic algorithms that match the sensor data of the three GNSS units.
- Additional analytical redundancies result in a total of six reliable redundancy units.
- The additional use of a D-RTK-GNSS system makes the drone immune to magnetic interference and enables the drone to be accurate to the nearest centimetre.
- The drone can be controlled and landed even with a failure of up to two propellers or even 2 batteries.
- High wind speeds (15 m/s to 20m/s)
- Automation (including distance tracking and collision avoidance)
- Higher safety and reliability in the field (rain-proof, modular, upgradable)
ABJ RFID Asset Management
ABJ Drones systems will…
- Decrease data collection time
- Reduce or eliminate human data entry errors Improve asset inventory quality
- Diminish cycle time
- Reduce repeated site visits
- Improve accuracy of assets
- Customizable API with 98 % suitability with established CRM or depository
This includes assets in warehouses, picked up by contractors, in technicians’ trucks, deployed at sites, decommissioned, identify assets for resale and reduce capital assets