Effective way to inspect and manage Wind Farms with improved speed, efficiency, safety and systems for data management.
Wind Turbine Inspection with Drones Overview
Drones enable collecting the needed data for identifying and mitigating risks in power distribution in advance
30 – 50% cost and timing saving when using drones to conduct wind turbine inspection
Safety of personnel – no need for them to ascend to height
Real-time images and video feed can be transmitted to ground control station
Thermal and LIDAR can be used to aid in inspecting and monitoring wind turbine blades and general structure
Value of Drones for Wind Farms
- Higher-resolution visual inspections than ground-based inspections
- Greatly reduce man hours and costs by automating inspections
- Safely assess the condition and orientation of all components of cell towers
- Inspections done from a safe distance
- Towers remain functional during inspection
- Increase efficiency due to data accuracy and reliability, live streaming and zoom/thermal/4k capabilities
Thermal and LiDAR for Wind Farm inspections
Our experienced pilots are re-trained every 2 years in Germany so that their standards are maintained. Using our process allows the non-contact inspection of wind turbines with the help of thermographic images. Visually, no errors can be detected in the blade from the naked eye. But, a thermal imaging camera reveals the internal structure of an intact blade which shows crucial details about the blades during the inspection process.
ABJ Drones has effective thermal imaging and LiDAR techniques, and proprietary airframes to capture engineering-grade levels of accuracy for use in detailed point clouds and analytics for generations. Including, geo tagging to localize specific area of inspection (AOI) and a proprietary back end processing solution to enable companies with instant sourcing and identification.
ABJ’s Proprietary Technology
- Using thermal energy from wind friction to allow for high resolution thermography (patent protected)
- Visualizing layers of lamination and beam structure inside the blade for in-depth inspection of blade structure
- Only available and proven technology for enhanced blade inspection
- Completely patent protected by Rolawind GMB
ABJ’s Proprietary Drone
- The drone used for inspection has triple modular redundancy and diagnostic algorithms that match the sensor data of the three GNSS units.
- Additional analytical redundancies result in a total of six reliable redundancy units.
- The additional use of a D-RTK-GNSS system makes the drone immune to magnetic interference and enables the drone to be accurate to the nearest centimetre.
- The drone can be controlled and landed even with a failure of up to two propellers or even 2 batteries.
- High wind speeds (15 m/s to 20m/s)
- Automation (including distance tracking and collision avoidance)
- Higher safety and reliability in the field (rain-proof, modular, upgradable)
ABJ RFID Asset Management
ABJ Drones you will…
- Decrease data collection time
- Reduce or eliminate human data entry errors Improve asset inventory quality
- Diminish cycle time
- Reduce repeated site visits
- Improve accuracy of assets
- Customizable API with 98 % suitability with established CRM or depository
This includes assets in warehouses, picked up by contractors, in technicians’ trucks, deployed at sites, decommissioned, identify assets for resale and reduce capital assets