Effective way to inspect and manage Power Lines with improved speed, efficiency, safety and systems for data management.
Power Line Inspection with Drones Overview
Drones enable collecting the needed data for identifying and mitigating risks in power distribution in advance
30 – 50% cost and timing saving when using drones to conduct power line inspection
Safety of personnel – no need for them to ascend to height
Real-time images and video feed can be transmitted to ground control station
Thermal and LIDAR can be used to aid in inspecting and monitoring the corridor for power lines and towers
Value of Drones for Power Lines
- Higher-resolution visual inspections than ground-based inspections
- Greatly reduce man hours and costs by automating inspections
- Safely assess the condition and orientation of all components of cell towers
- Inspections done from a safe distance
- Towers remain functional during inspection
- Increase efficiency due to data accuracy and reliability, live streaming and zoom/thermal/4k capabilities
Types of Inspections
Corridor Mapping – Hundreds of miles of Transmission Lines
Substation Static Line Inspection
Thermal Imaging and LiDAR for Power Line Inspections
ABJ Drones has effective thermal imaging and LiDAR techniques, and proprietary airframes to capture engineering-grade levels of accuracy for use in detailed point clouds and analytics for generations. Including, geo tagging to localize specific area of inspection (AOI) and a proprietary back end processing solution to enable companies with instant sourcing and identification. This allows us to effectively inspect transmission/power lines.
Inspecting Power Lines with LIDAR
- Ideal for corridor mapping as linear assets can be intimately traced
- Drone can follow corridor routes ensuring efficiency in speed of data capture
- Low height and slow flying speed delivers engineering-grade levels of accuracy for use in the detailed design
ABJ RFID Asset Management
ABJ Drones you will…
- Decrease data collection time
- Reduce or eliminate human data entry errors Improve asset inventory quality
- Diminish cycle time
- Reduce repeated site visits
- Improve accuracy of assets
- Customizable API with 98 % suitability with established CRM or depository
This includes assets in warehouses, picked up by contractors, in technicians’ trucks, deployed at sites, decommissioned, identify assets for resale and reduce capital assets
Implementation of Inspection
- A brief accountability of the assets.
- Methodology is created that focuses on safety and productivity.
- During a study of existing transmission lines ABJ Drones and Coutts will provide condition of assets which will be used to create inspection plans.
- Each system is broken down and SOP’s are developed specific to each system.
- Emergency procedures are put in place and pilots are trained with these SOPs in mind.
- Any infrastructure reporting that currently existed is modified and fitted to allow UAS data to flow into it.
- Data processing plans are integrated into the inspection workflow and data management is set up with the companies backend data management system or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system.